Multiphase flows in ship hydrodynamics
||Multiphase flows in ship hydrodynamics|
||SNIC Medium Compute|
||Rickard Bensow <email@example.com>|
||Chalmers tekniska högskola|
||2020-02-01 – 2021-02-01|
In the simulation work in this project, we will work with several problems related to multiphase flow problems in ship hydrodynamics. Part of the work incorporates research related to cavitating nuisance, and part of the work concerns work on drag reduction by air lubrication.
The research to be performed related to this project are:
- Simulations for assessment of cavitation erosion in a water jet pump using LES.
- Development of a hybrid mixture/bubble LES model for cavitation.
- Assessment of pressure pulses from a cavitating propeller using RANS.
- Air lubrication of ships using LES.
- Effects of surface roughness on the strength of propeller tip vortex cavitation.
- Development hybrid RANS/LES methods for ship propulsion applications.
Funding for the research comes from Swedish Energy Agency, VINNOVA, and Kongsberg.